Peach Fuzz (Pantone's 2024 Color of the Year)

Happy Tuesday & Happy New Year 2024!

I'm sharing another "peach fuzz" card that I created for the Scrap 'N Stamp blog!

The hardest part of this challenge for me can be finding the perfect color to use.  Since Distress Ink is a favorite of mine, it's usually where I start.  I was thinking that Dried Marigold would be a great place to start, but it seems that's one of the many items I still have packed away somewhere (definitely going to resolve to get my studio unpacked & organized this year!).  So, I started grabbing inks to see what I could blend together to get the right color.  Here's what I need up going with:


I used a combination of Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar & Saltwater Taffy with some Sugary Gumdrop Mica Stain on top of the blend on some watercolor paper.  I also had some coral cardstock which I used as my third piece for variety. I selected a few of the mini brushstroke flowers  and cut them from each of the 3 papers so I would have some extra variety when layering the pieces together.


 I paired the flowers with a sentiment is from an older Christmas stamp set by Tim Holtz called Festive Overlay- it has a great variety of smaller images & sentiments.  I always love when there is a good New Years sentiment since I'm so bad at actually sending Christmas cards in the mail...

I stamped on an ivory cardstock which I die cut with Prism Nesting Stitched Circles.  It's layered onto a tag which I inked up using the same colors over a stenciled design I did with some sparkle paste.  Under that is a die cut piece of patterned paper cut with Prism Nesting Rectangles.  This paper is from an awesome new 6x6 pad called Vintage Letters and its got 12 different beautiful neutral papers.  The card base is a peachy piece from my stash which I used the same sparkle paste to stencil onto.

For finishing touches, I added some crinkle ribbon (which I inked up using a mix of Saltwater Taffy & Scattered Straw) and some sparkly fallback bling which came in a "Polar Wind" embellishment mix.


Wishing you many creative days in 2024!

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments