Soar with Creativity- a blog hop

It's another Scrap 'N Stamp Inspiration Hop weekend and this one is for the birds... our team of designers is determined to Soar with Creativity this February, and from the sneak peeks I've seen we're off to a great start!   

You can find the full lineup of links and all the important details on the Scrap 'N Stamp blog!   As always, we're giving away a prize to one person who will be randomly selected from the comments left along the way- the more you leave, the better your chance of being our winner of a $50 gift certificate to the online store!


We've also got a variety of CHEEP DEALS 20% off right now!  Check them out while supplies last!


And now for the details of my card... I'm featuring a beautiful Canada Jay die by Prism Studio on my card this weekend.  This die was quite a bit larger than I expected, so I had to come up with a design that really let it be the focal point.  I inked up some watercolor paper in shades of grey and then cut the layers using the sample from the back of the package.  Distress Oxide in Black Soot gave me a deep grey and Lost Shadow Distress Oxide and Spray Stain gave me the lighter variations.  I used a black marker for the tiny bits, rather than pulling out another scrap of paper to cut from.

I used some scraps on my desk from some Valentine's I've been making to assemble a little envelope for my bird to be carrying- it was very simple but that glittery heart definitely has the sparkle factor that would appeal to a bird!

My background features a beautiful embossing folder called Classic Pinecones 3D by Altenew.  It's a slimline folder, so is narrow and long.  I cut my embossed layer as wide as I could to get the whole design, which is 3.75" wide. I embossed in Kraft, the same color as my base card, then did some ink blending over it with some touches of green (Rustic Wilderness) and the rest is the new Scorched Timber Distress Ink.  It's very deep on the Kraft, which I love as it gives me a background that doesn't distract from my bird!

I finished the card with a sentiment, this is from an OLD Lawn Fawn set, and some red twine for a little pop.


There's a lot of fabulous texture on this card!  You can see on the wings where I added a bit of extra shading with Distress Watercolor Pencils.



I hope you like my card!  Next up is my creative friend Meghan with something tweet for you.  Happy hopping!  If you get lost or just want to see the full hop details again, you can find everything you'll need on the Scrap 'N Stamp blog!

 

Comments

Carrianne said…
Your card is darling! I love the background and how lively the bird looks! Beautiful card!
This is STUNNING. I can't wait to see more from Scrap 'N Stamp. How cute are these stamps?? LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Karen M said…
Such a cute bird card. I love all the layers and inking.
Bunny said…
This is so pretty. I'd love for a bird to fly me in a Valentine. [Bunny]
Jan said…
Lovely card with lots of dimension.
sharon g said…
I am nuts about birds, so this hop is perfect for someone like me!! Your bird is a classic. And I love the mail them to your card. It's just great
Denise Bryant said…
Love the textured background for this pretty bird! Beautiful card!
Tina Wetzel said…
Ur card is really nice. I love the background.
Debbie said…
That embossing folder is just stunning! Great card!
Jeanette said…
Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!
nora kabban said…
the red twine really finishes this card-i need to try that myself
Lynn Chan HJC said…
Love that pine cone embossing! Gives it so much texture! :)
Anne L-H said…
Wow - love how that textured background really shows off the bluejay bird! Thanks for sharing :)
Laura F. said…
This is a very pretty card!
Donna T. said…
The layers on this is amazing. Love it.
Love your card. The colours are awesome and the layering is great.
Margaret said…
Love the texture and colour. Thanks for sharing
Mary-Anne V said…
Beautiful card...love the details on this card with the envelope and background.