Hot Drinks, Cool Cards Hop!


Happy September and Happy Inspiration Hop Weekend!

As we get ready for the arrival of autumn, we also look forward to enjoying all of our favorite hot drinks we enjoy (PSL anyone?)!  We've got a fabulous lineup of makers ready to inspire you with their hot drink inspired cards, so grab a cuppa your favorite something and get ready...

As always, we'll be picking from among the comments left on our blogs a random winner who gets to spend $50 in the SNS online store!

Your should have arrived here from Allison's blog and you've reached the final stop!  I hope you enjoyed all the cards, but saved a few drops to sip while I share mine ;)


As a big coffee lover (in all it's many forms) I fell in love with this BIG Coffee Stamp featuring Classic Pooh bear.  I can totally relate to the need for a giant cup o' Joe and it definitely needs to come before dealing with any bothers.  This set has several fantastic sentiments with it as well.

I had several ideas for this cup but today I'm keeping it pretty simple... pairing it with a plaid background featuring a fun embossing folder by Spellbinders.  Since I used a white core cardstock, I also chose to distress it a bit with Distress sanding discs.


I absolutely love the texture of book print, and today I chose to stamp on a page that had been painted with  white gesso.  It mutes the text a bit but also let me blend a bit more with my Distress Watercolor Pencil Crayons- even kept it wet long enough that I could add a bit of texture dabbing the mug with a paper towel.  To me, it resembles a textured glaze on a pottery mug! I finished the card off with a few sequins and a touch of Glossy Accents on the coffee inside the mug!


I hope you enjoyed your little coffee break and the fabulous cards the team shared!  (If you're visiting me and want to do the rest of the hop, you can start HERE) We love reading your comments, and don't forget it could be worth $50 for you to leave one!  We'll announce the winner on Sept 19th on the Scrap 'N Stamp blog!

Inky hugs,
Tara


 

Comments

Becca Yahrling said…
Oh, that Pooh bear. Always getting into mischief. Or honey. Must be honey in that coffee. hehe Your card is simply darling!
Mary-Anne V said…
Pooh bear and coffee what a sweet combination. Great card.
cynthia said…
The
Pooh stamp with the saying is just perfect! Love this card!
Alexandra Y said…
Such a darling card! I love all the textures you included on your card!
sharon g said…
I LOVE POOH!!! This is too cute, and the sentiment is adorable. NICE job coloring.
Denise Bryant said…
Darling image with this sweet Pooh bear and the BIG mug! Wonderful card!