a little birdie told me...


Happy July 4th!

I took inspiration from my Canadian Cats cards and got a bit creative with the American Flag to celebrate today!  I used the same base of book print adhered to card stock, then covered in a wash of white gesso.  Once I selected my die cut shape I knew I had to make a larger flag to get the proportions right.  I die cut a larger stitched rectangle and then painted stripes with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Paint.

I used the same die to cut a corner piece which I had painted in Prize Ribbon- a very festive blue!  After cutting my bird from the same book print, I decided to add a few stars as well to fill it in.  It fits nicely, but it almost feels a bit too literal and not quite as creative as my Canadian version. What do you think?

I've got one more little card to share that I finished after my Canada Day LIVE, but I'll do that another day!

Happy Independence Day friends!

Inky hugs,
Tara


 

Comments