Stardust for Christmas

It's blog hop weekend over at Scrap 'N Stamp and just for the GEL of it, we're mixing things up and using GEL PENS on our cards!  


My Stardust pens by Sakura are actually waterproof, so they didn't work for the watercolor technique I wanted to try, but with a touch of watercolor paint and some Glossy Accents there is plenty of sparkle on these Kraft colored cards!


The Sketch Greenery stamp set by Tim Holtz is still a favorite of mine... and I really love how the Glossy Accents makes the berries shimmer on the Kraft base!

I was trying to get the watercolor effect I saw others getting with Gel Pens, so I tried a variety of papers, including watercolor.  As I mentioned, I didn't have the right tools for that so I added paint and glossy accents like on my first card, which still looks gorgeous!



If you'd like to see the rest of the cards (and samples from the girls who actually were able to watercolor with their pens!) Stop by the SNS Blog for the links and hop details!

Inky hugs,
Tara



Comments