Snowy Hugs

Happy Tuesday!

I did not set out to create a wintery card for today, but when it's snowy outside it tends to make you reach for the snowy stuff inside!  That's right, North Carolina just experienced our first snow of the season with Winter Storm Izzy- so it had me reaching for this sweet Snowman Joy die that I've only used once since I brought it home!  

When I sat down to play, I pulled out a variety of stencils and played around with backgrounds, some of which you will see on future projects because they just didn't work with my plan for today's card.


This time I cut my snowman from glittery Cardstockwhich seems to suit him just fine!  I paired him with some tall glittery letters as well- the sweet Twiggy Hugs die by Memory Box.

The base layer is stenciled with MFT Candy Stripes, then a snowflake stencil (by Paper Rose) over the stripes.  I've seen some fun layered stencils lately and wanted to experiment... it kinda worked, but wasn't quite a perfect pair!  It makes for an interesting layer on my card though!


I took the still inky snowflake stencil and applied clear texture paste through it onto the teal Cardstock layer as the base for my snowman.  It give a subtle, shiny but tinted snowy pattern that worked much better behind the die cuts!

I finished off my card with some stitched edges by MFT, a chit chat sticker by Tim Holtz and a bit of Studio Katia bling.

Inky (and snowy) hugs,

Tara





Comments