Christmas Hugs- Snow Much Fun Inspiration Hop

 


It's SNOW much fun, we're having our first Inspiration Hop over at Scrap N Stamp Canada and I chose to link things up to my Instagram page this time.  All the hop details are over on the SNS Blog, but I wanted to share some card details with you here!

My snowy card features some shimmery, inky fun in green & white- one of my favorite color combos for winter makes!  I pulled some shimmery Cardstock from my stash and embossed the background with this gorgeous 3D snowflake design by Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  I've had this for a few years now and just keep coming back to it year after year for quick & gorgeous backgrounds.




For the focal point of my card, I chose the simple snowflake from Tim's Wreath & Snowflake die set. The simple design was a great fit for layering a simple sentiment combining stamped & die cut text, like the layered hugs by Honeybee Stamps.  I pulled inspiration from the Distress Ink palette, as I often do, using an inky background paper to die cut from & Distress Spray Stain in Rustic Wilderness.  I love how the shimmer of the Cardstock shines through!  I finished everything off with a few green sequins scattered across the card front... and I kinda love it!  I'll definitely play around with this design in other colors this holiday season!

Thanks for stopping by- if you took part in the hop, I hope you enjoyed it!  If this was your only stop today, I hope you found some inky inspiration here!  Hope to see you back soon!

Inky hugs,
Tara



Comments

northernchica said…
Tara, your card was so beautiful, glad I figured out how to find the details! Love the embossing folder, and the dies, and, and,and! Thanks for sharing.