Christmas in July!?

Today I'm using Sketch Greenery Stamps by Tim Holtz, which I fell in love with last fall when it was a new release.  I missed out on all the after Christmas sales, but still had to have this one when I found it this spring.  I love the mix of greenery and the collection of lovely, simple sentiments... and I can totally envision myself using some of these images during the rest of the year, too!  Just watch for it to show up in future projects :)


I kept things very simple for my card, going back to basics as it were by featuring gold embossing and plain white card stock with Kraft.  I stamped one of the greenery images multiple times and heat embossed with gold, then stamped the holly design with Picket Fence Distress in the open spaces.  I added a bit of loose color (aka I scribbled) to the gold leaves with a white watercolor pencil.


I selected one of the many sentiments in the set and heat embossed it as well, then trimmed it down and cut it into a flag shape before mounting it on a white layer.  I added a small piece of white sheer ribbon to the flag before gluing it all to my white card base.

As I said, I kept it really simple! Gold heat embossing was one of the first things I learned to do when I started stamping in the early 90's and it still makes me smile!  This card really is a throwback for me though... my VERY first project with stamps was making personalized Christmas wrapping paper on Kraft shipping paper!  So fun to think back about what started it all!  I'd love to know, what was your first stamping project?

This project was originally created to be part of the Scrap 'N Stamp Christmas in July Blog Hop! You can check out the entire post and the rest of the hop by visiting my post on SNS :)

Inky hugs,

Tara

 

Comments