Prayers

I've got a simple card for you today, with a mix of die cuts & heat embossing on a book print background. I began by playing around with the text in the 'You're in my Prayers' stamp set by Taylored Expressions- this one has the large 'prayers' word with a variety of other pieces to fit with it. The bold lettering is perfect for heat embossing or ink techniques, but I decided to keep it simple and bold in black on teal cardstock.


I selected a variety of shapes from Tim Holtz's Funky Florals #3 to die cut from the same cardstock, choosing a variety of pieces. These are designed to be stacked and layered, but I chose to use just the bold bottom layers and place them on a some book print which I die cut from Tim's Stacked Deckle die. I played around with placement until I was satisfied with the balance of it, then snapped a photo before placing the pieces on adhesive dots for easy gluing. I was then able to refer back to my photo to get them in the best spots.


And that's it- simple, but bold & bright. I always feel that simple is best for cards like this, that could be used as a sympathy card. I hope you like it and maybe it gives you a new way to look at some of your die sets and how they could be used as background images!

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments