2018 Color of the Year

Happy New Year 2018!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Years Eve and that perhaps the new year is off to a creative start... I picked up a New Years subway art stamp in the fall (for 46 cents y'all!  obviously I couldn't resist that!) and have been looking forward to making a card with it to share with you.  I took my inspiration for this card from the Pantone 2018 color of the year, my new stamp and an image by Stampendous which I've had for several years and keep meaning to make a New Years card with...



Here's the intro from the Pantone website: "Announcing PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet, PANTONE® Color of the Year 2018. A dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future."

I've always loved seeing what the color of the year will be, but I think this is my first time making a card inspired by it.  It was kinda fun, so I challenge you to do the same!  There's a bunch of fab products in the online store that you can use to help inspire you... things like alcohol inkpensenamel accents & ink pads... you'll find lots of pretty purples!  (And you can use the code SAVE18 to save 18% in the online store as a Happy New Year gift!)  The majority of the purple on my card came from the Color Burst watercolor background.  I actually used a combination of Copics & Colorburst pulled from the background with a waterbrush to color my image.  I'd never tried mixing the two mediums before on one image, and it came together pretty good.  I kept the coloring very simple (I'm out of practice with my Copic markers!) and added touches of glitter from a variety of pens and generous amounts of Nuvo Glitter drops.


I pulled embellishments from my stash... gears & bling and some Tim Holtz film ribbon helped me to pull it all together and add the bits of extra my card needed.  I even colored up some number stickers in purple and added Nuvo Glitter Drops to it!  As you can see here, I embossed part of my image in white on the background so I would have the tiny details there without fussy cutting them, then adhered my girl flat on the background, but raised her glittery mask with 3D foam adhesive.

Happy New Year, creative friends!  I love the hope & promise it brings and look forward to all the good things that it brings us!  (Here's another shot of my card... I love how each photo picks up the glittery elements differently!)


Inky hugs,
Tara


Materials used:
black card stock A2 card
New Year Subway Art Stamp by Stampabilities
New Years girl stamp by Stampendous
Water Brush
Copic Markers
Assorted bling, stickers & gear brads from my stash

Comments