Forever my Love {July 12 Tags of 2014}

I'm in love! It's true, I'm in love with my amazing husband, with whom I'll be celebrating our first anniversary this weekend! I'm also in love with the beachy tag Tim Holtz created with fun techniques for July. So it only seemed right to combine my loves and make some framed art for my hubby for our anniversary :)

 Here's a few close ups of how it came together...
Tim's technique for making sand was fab!  I had to tweak it a bit and actually used texture paste & distress stain as my base instead of Glossy Accents.  I used some torn corrugated cardstock as a base for my beach :)
I created a pair of sea horses- love how many colors these little creatures can be!  Such a good looking couple :)
I added a crackled heart, embellished with some chitchat stickers & a metal number 1.
forever my love... from Tim's strip die of words for Valentine's day- but clearly great for other occassions!

Here's my framed tag- good thing I took some pictures before i got it in there, cuz that glare is a pain to photograph with!  
So I'm pretty please with how this turned out- it's a great PAPER gift for our first anniversary.  Hope you like it too- be sure to check out Tim Holtz's full tutorial here on his blog!  It's fab, as usual!

(side note... man do I miss having photoshop! some days the natural light outside isn't exactly perfect! sigh)

Comments

Caroline D. said…
Congrats on your Anniversary!! Hope you have a fun weekend together! Your gorgeous tag all framed is just beautiful and makes a nice memento for your anniversary. The 2 seahorses are so cute with their tales holding each other. :)
Lynn K said…
I can't believe it's almost a year already! Congrats! LOVE your tag with all the techniques and textures!! Simply gorgeous! I also love that you framed it and what it represents!!
Unknown said…
Happy Anniversary to you and Brian!
I love this tag with all the textures and colours!
I am going to watch the tutorial and hopefully learn how to make sand.
thank you for sharing! :)
Nancy said…
Gorgeous Tara, he'll love it :) hope you're having a lovely anniversary this weekend!