Songbirds

For me, the first step in getting my mojo back is often to pull out my Distress Ink and some tags and just play with colour! This card is the result of what happens when I just go with it... :)  I made tags & inked up crinkle ribbon in a variety of colours the other day, and for this tag I decided to use it for my sentiment (love this one from Stampendous) and this bird in a heart stamp from Memory Box seemed like a good fit for it.

The background of the heart image was made with the Wrinkle Free Distress technique, with shades of blue & purple.  The stamps were inked up with my new Potting Soil Archival Ink- such a fabulous shade of brown!
I am still unpacking my studio space, and haven't even plugged in my vagabond yet to do some die cutting, so I went back to basics here- tags, tears, cutting by hand... even the cardstock heart was hand cut (I stamped the bird image on the back side!).  I have found my flowers and washi tape though, so they made their way onto this card as well :)

I want to enter this card in a few challenges... I just discovered Chocolate, Coffee & Cards and well, hello!  It's just a few of my FAVE things and it looks like a pretty fab challenge blog!  They have a lovely color inspiration challenge going on right now, and while my teal is a bit bright, I think the watercolor shades on my card fit the bill pretty well!   Inspiration Emporium's March Challenge is 'A splash of color' and since I basically splashed around with colour to make this card, I thought it fit the bill ;)

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful work my friend... You have your groove back
Unknown said…
a beautiful card! I love the colours...I want an outfit in those colours.
Eulanda said…
Wow what a perfect spring card!! Pretty!!
Sue Nicholson said…
Beautiful card and layout, thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x
Nancy said…
Great card! Love the colours :) and that saying on the tag!
Lisa H said…
Going with it worked very well! This is a great card. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Journal. =)