April 12 Tags of 2013

On Wednesday night we had our April 12 Tags Drop In, where we got to create fabulous tags inspired by Tim Holtz and try out a new faux patina technique with his new Distress Paints! So much fun!

You can see all the details on Tim's blog with step by step tutorials for the techniques here!

I took my photo this morning and I think my turquoise background might be a tad distracting LOL (it's my fabulous We R Memory Keepers album) but oh well...
here's a close up showing off the technique we did on the numbers for a rusty patina look, very fun!  It also shows my fortune... some of us went for Chinese food before we got inky, so we thought it would be fun to include our fortunes on the tags!
There's still a few days left to check out Tim's tutorial and play along!  I'm hoping I can find some time to browse through all the entries soon, there's always some great inspiration! 

Comments

Roxy said…
Hey, Tara, love this! I was just about to ask how you got the blue background in your picture, too - I think it looks great! And I love how you included the fortune, very cool!
Mary Elizabeth said…
This is great Tara! The "4" is awesome and I really love the fortune :)