August {12 Tags of 2012}

We had our drop in today to make August tags inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012.   This was a bit of a challenge since I had to make quite a few modifications, but I think it turned out pretty fabulous!
As always, Tim has fabulous instructions on his blog.  I'm just going to share with you a few of the changes that I made for my tag (if you're just here looking for eye candy... scroll down!  I'm also sharing the tag Mom & the other ladies made today!).  My changes...
  • I don't have Tim's new cameo stamp set, so I embossed a silhouette image by Hero Arts and framed it with a frame I cut with my Silhouette.  It was cut from white cardstock, then sprayed with black Dylusions ink & Cappuccino Perfect Pearl Mist.
  • I don't have the embossing folder with the oval window that Tim used, so I took this as a great project to use my Sizzix Embossing Diffusers (here's a video about how they work) together with one of my embossing folders (I think this is Damask).  I used the round Diffuser, off set from the center to mimic the oval shape Tim used.  (Mom's tag, below, used the oval Diffuser.)
  • I used a mix of blue & green paint on my background- love how that combo turned out!
  • I added new Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy dry glitter to my flowers... so pretty!  I think I'm gonna have fun with this stuff!  I started painting the new paintable Rock Candy Distress Stickles, then decided to dunk them right into my tub of glitter :)
Here's the tag Mom made, which she finished off with a sewing machine charm and button from BoBunny:
... and here's the big 'group shot' (which turned out a bit blurry. bah.)  Isn't it fab how different they all are?  We all improvised a bit differently, which turned out really great.
Our 12 Tags drop in happens every month and there is no charge for it- just read over Tim's instructions for his new tag and bring what you have, we'll improvise and share (or you can purchase) the rest!  It's a fun, casual time to play with some new techniques!

Comments

Unknown said…
To bad you are at other end of the country! I love your idea, can I used it with my clients/friend At My Vintage Cat Studio? By the way I'm in Ottawa!
Thank you,
Luce
Toni Herron said…
Love them all!!
And don't forget that making changes creates those special personal touches! Well done!!
Toni..
http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/