Birthday Journal

Mom (Julie) celebrated her birthday while she was away last weekend (happy birthday Mom!).  She was back in the store today and I gave her the journal I made for her.

This project did not turn out at all like I anticipated... but part of the fun of creating is going with the flow and making changes as you need to, hopefully making something beautiful when all is done!  Here's what I created...

 This 4x8 journal was all about playing with the fabulous woodgrain texture!  I used a journal kit by Studio Calico that comes unbound so you can ink & paint it up and bind it however you like.  I used two layers of canvas tape (the top is gapher tape by 7gypsies from my stash) together with some glossy accents to hold it together nice & firm.  The inside pages have a great grid design, making this perfect for journaling, sketching and more!  I painted the cover with a combination of Claudine Hellmuth paints & Dylusions sprays and finished it off (after adding foam Thickers for lettering) with some Perfect Pearl Mist.  I had also sprayed some Red Dylusions after adding my Thickers, which was very obvious when I went to add Crackle Accents to the letters!  It turned out to be one of those very cool accidents ;)  The bling and that gorgeous felt poppy are both by Prima. 
 I did a quick tag up with some Dylusions and added Thickers to it as well, then wrapped the journal with some tissue paper & twine.  The ribbons on my tag are the new Inkable Crinkable Ribbon which ink up beautifully with Dylusions & Distress Stains!

Comments

...a super gift for your Mom, it's turned out perfect, loVe the woodgrain effect & the vivid colour of your Tag, such a gorgeous red!...Mel :)
Nancy said…
Really, really nice Tara! and happy birthday to Julie, love the words on the tag :)
Roxy said…
Really gorgeous, nice job, Tara!!!