April 2012 SOTM

I am happy to introduce to you our newest Stamp of the Month, the "On the Mend" stamp set from Lawn Fawn, a brand new company in our store!  Our samples this month also feature the "Konnichiwa" collection by Basic Grey.
These images are sweet & simple, with coordinating sentiments. They're perfect for both colouring and paper piecing and are sure to brighten someone's day!  Here's what the full set looks like:
Isn't it cute?!  Mom (Julie) created this first card, with some simple paper piecing.
I love the little details here- kleenex wads & googly eyes!  I can't help but smile when I look at it :)

Mom was inspired by a card created by a Lawn Fawn DT member who made a similar card.  She stamped the background with the bandaid image and added rings of dots with black Enamel Accents.  Love the added detail of the bug on this card :)  (Don't look too closely here though... she made a little boo boo that we're hoping you'll overlook! LOL)
Next up are the cards I created... I think my fave of the images is this adorable little turtle!  I coloured him with my Copics and paper pieced the hot water bottle on his back. I've used a new label die (exclusive PageMaps set by Spellbinders), a Tim Holtz on the edge die and a new Memory Box die for the flowers- aren't they adorable?
As you can see here, I also used Goosebumps on my turtle again... I don't think I'll be able to use a turtle image without it, it's so much fun!  I actually layered it over some Glossy Accents on parts of the shell to add some extra dimension.
The sentiment I wanted to use didn't quite fit the paper... so I took out my scissors and cut it up to make it fit.  I love how you can do this with clear and unmounted stamps.  An acrylic block with a grid helps to line up the words perfectly.
My final card used a sketch from the new Card Maps 2 book we have in the store.   I've used the Memory Box flowers again and another exclusive PageMaps label die (from the March set).  
I hope you like our samples!  We had a lot of fun making the cards this month, and still have ideas to spare... these stamps are really easy to work with! 

If you're not already a member of our SOTM program, we'd love to have you join us and save 35% on this and future SOTM purchases!  You can see all the details RIGHT HERE.  We do have extra copies of this stamp set available in the store (and they'll be in our new online store which is coming soon)!

Comments

I love that set..it is perfect. Great cards.
Is it possible to order it from you?
Nancy said…
Cute cards Ladies :)
Didn't see a thing Julie :)
Anonymous said…
Love all the cards you girls created. They are awesome cute! Sure wish I could have fulfilled my promise to help out but gotta go what a person has to do hey.
Roxy said…
These are all so cute, and I love how you've used the new Pagemaps die set I just bought! And yes, you did a fantastic job helping Jason pick out papers, thanks so much, exactly what I wanted!!!! Hugs, Roxy.