{12 tags of 2012} February's Tag

If you follow this blog, you know that we are big fans of Tim Holtz at Creative Accents and that I (Tara) just love getting inky... I have loved Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas and managed to get 3/12 of them completed this year, but have always wished I had time for more than that... so I'm pretty much delighted with the changes Tim is making this year!  It's sad that he is retiring the 12 Tags of Christmas, but fabulous that he's changing it into a year long journey- with a tag for each month of the year!

I'm thrilled because this gives me a chance to play along... so I've come up with a plan!  Once a month, after Tim has posted his tag for that month (always filled with fab techniques and tutorials), we'll open up the Creative Studio on a Saturday afternoon for anyone who wants to play along.  You can bring what you have for supplies you'll need and use any dies and stamps we have that fit the theme... and between us we'll see what we can come up with to create a tag inspired by Tim's!

We had a small group this Saturday- and just one other lady creating a tag with me (thanks, Barb!) but it was a good time and I managed to create this:
I won't go into a lot of details, since it's broken down really well on Tim's blog... and we tried to use all his techniques!  I used a stamp/embossing folder set from Hero Arts & Sizzix for the background and embellished with stuff from my stash...the ticket is a cast off from a recent in store draw, which I've added Cosmo Cricket stickers to.  The 'live laugh love' stamp is an oldie from Hero Arts.  We had a lot of fun with this tag, and I can see some of these techniques popping up in future classes :)  Here's a closer look at some of the details- enjoy!
p.s. sorry the photo quality isn't the best... I decided to snap some quick photos on my iphone rather than waiting for daylight when I'm back in the store on Monday!

Comments

Will be doing it next time sounds like a great idea.. and it was a fun time.. Take care
lilscrappers said…
I love your take on this tag!
Roxy said…
Gorgeous, Tara!!! I love the idea of recreating the tags once a month too - darn I wish I lived closer! Hugs, Roxy.
Kristen said…
great texture an piecing!


Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com