Happy Birthday Chris!

Today we celebrate a special birthday girl- our former design team member & fun loving friend, Chris! Wish you were here to share a celebratory margarita & some chocolate cake, girl... Today, I'm providing the cake... but I'm willing to bet that somewhere along this birthday blog hop you'll find a margarita, too! ;) I hope this collection of cards brightens your day and gets your birthday off to a fabulous start!
My card features a cute cake lovin' a la mode image by My Favorite Things stamped on Copic paper cut with a Tim Holtz styled label. I've used papers from BoBunny & Jillibean soup (because they must be BLUE for Chris!) and some pretty new ribbons we got in the store recently!
The card (based on the current CPS sketch #222) is pretty simple... I paper pieced the frosting on the cake, stamped a Tim Holtz flourish around the edges, added touches of Spica glitter, some blingy pins and sprayed the whole card with Perfect Pearls Mist!

Chris- I hope it brings a smile! Birthday wishes come from Mom today, too... her card will be late though, she's away having cataract surgery today!

Now... HOP on over to see what Janet has for you on her blog! Enjoy... and be sure to eat some cake today!

Comments

Sarah said…
It turned out really good Tara! It looks even better in person! I suck a peak at it last night when I went back to get my paper! lol I love those ribbons together, it goes really good with the image!
Lovely card and chocolate cake great idea. Take Care
Anonymous said…
I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much. That card is beautiful and that ribbon!! Love it! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face! :)
Roxy said…
So cute, I love how you paper pieced the icing, and I really like the shape of the label, too!
Graphicat said…
Awesome paper peicing girl! LOVE that cade! And all the elements, she'll love it!
Cheers
cheri
Jennie said…
Lovely design and love the rosettes!! Great job on the CPS sketch this week and thanks for playing along :)
Lea L. said…
Cute card!! Love the rose trim! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!
one of my favorite images and favorite patterns. Very cool how you used it on the cake! Running a bit behind and just making it through last week's CPS cards. :) Thanks so much for joining us!
Anonymous said…
This turned out awesome Tara, I love the paper piecing too! Great card!