Happy New Year {again}

While the new year is still fresh, I thought I'd share another card with the January SOTM, "Take Time" by My Favorite Things. She's such fun to quickly colour up! I'd been wanting to use this image together with the silly cityscape by Hero Arts, and while I didn't get to it for the SOTM sample board, I played at our Wrestling Day Crop! I had a blast pairing these images and spraying my background with our Copic Airbrush system!

This was my first airbrush project (apart from spraying some flowers in a few random colours) and so long as I don't look too close, I'm quite happy with it! (don't go looking too close now...). I sprayed on a kraft card, which gave a unique texture to the colours. I used a random assortment of blues, oranges and purples to make my sunset, then stamped a small star image in Versamark Dazzle Ink (while you're *not* looking too close, check out that you can actually see the dazzle). My sentiment is half of a new sentiment by Stamping Bella (I thought I could skip the part about Christmas). I added some more dazzle to this card with a Spica glitter pen on the clock and clear smooch paint on the clock faces & sentiment. This was also my first chance using some new iridescent bling- so fun!

Hope 2011 is off to a creative start for you! I'd LOVE to see any projects you make with our SOTM!

Comments

I think I am going to do a little copy of this card. I do love the look of it. Take Care
Eulanda said…
Wow what a great theme going on here. That airbrushing looks fabulous too BTW! I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of buying this system but I hate that I don't have access to a lot of refills. WHY couldn't we have moved closer to a bigger centre? LOL!
JustYolie said…
I think it looks amazing...beautiful card.