November Sketch Challenge!

It's time for another CHALLENGE here at Creative Accents and we've got a treat for you this time around... a sketch designed by our very own Cheri (aka Graphicat).

Create any paper based project inspired by this sketch and submit it to Creative Accents in the store (where it will be featured on our creativi-tree) or on the blog (upload with the linky gadget) by Nov. 30.

This challenge is just for fun, but if we get more than 5 entries (not including our Design Team) we’ll select a random winner to receive the new 2011 Calendar from PageMaps/Scrapbook & Cards Today!

We look forward to seeing your cards, layouts and more!

I have to confess... I left my challenge project until the last minute, so I decided to go for a quick & easy-almost cheater style- card! I used the fabulous new "Merry January" papers by We R Memory Keepers and decided to take advantage of their 'crisp' design (12 great images & journaling spots ready to go on one sheet of paper) for the focal point of my cards.

Since I was already cheating, I decided to go ahead and make two cards to make up for it a little bit *wink*... especially since it was half done for me once I cut out the triangle for one of the cards! I was very excited to use this fabulous new loopy ribbon we got in this week- it's a perfect match for these papers (which I still have big plans for!) and I'm sure I'll be using it again soon!

The rest of the card is pretty self explanitory... I added some Spica glitter pen, Distress Stickles and Crackle Accents to jazz up the image a bit (though I took the picture before it had even crackled!). Here's a little close up of my snowman with a crackled nose... the rest will be crackled by the time you stop by the store to see it in person!
... and here's my second card!
While it feels a bit like cheating to me, I know that making Christmas cards can be a BIG job and if you can find ways to speed up the process and still give a handmade card, I think you're doing GREAT! Papers like these are a perfect way to save time and money while still making the effort to give something special made by you!

We hope you'll join us in this sketch challenge! Check back later to add your card, I'll have the linky gadget up soon! Take some time NOW to stop by and visit our Design Team members (listed in the left sidebar) as they've been creating with this sketch as well and I'm sure you'll LOVE what they came up with!


Comments

Well I guess I will have to take a look at those papers when I'm in later today. Sweet Cards Take Care
Teila said…
Great use of these papers Tara - I love the snowman!
Anonymous said…
Very nice Tara, I really like that paper and lovvveee the lace ribbon!
Graphicat said…
hmmmm, cheating or not, these are FABULO?US! LOve them!! Specially the ice skates! Great sentiment with them too!!! Great job lady! Im so glad you used one of my sketches as a challenge! Thanks for that!
Cheers
Cheri
Eulanda said…
This is absolutely BRILLIANT!! Count me in for the challenge!! Love luv that ribbon. So pretty!
Sarah said…
I sooo love those papers! (unless I missed them, I think they're all gone now?) I think your snowman card is super cute!! they both are! cheating or not!! good one!