Page Of the Month layouts

We had our October POTM class this week and I realized I hadn't even posted September's layouts to show ya! Oops! Here they are, better late than never, right?

September's layout featured Basic Grey's Oliver collection- it's a fabulous, neutral layout in shades of red & blue. As you may have noticed, Mom & I take turns doing the 'original' layout and this time it was Mom's turn to follow the directions, and my turn to mix it up a bit. Here's Mom's layout- we used the sticker elements, tabs & stitched brads to add fun details to our page (and had lots of goodies left over, as always!). These pictures of my brother, Peter, when he was a toddler are a perfect fit for this layout!
We used a LOT of paper in the 'original' layout, so I had to make some major changes to the background of my layout. I pulled out some photos of ME as a baby and knew these were perfect when I noticed my grandparents all wearing shades of red & blue! I "girled" this page up a bit, switching die cut flowers for the stars, and since this layout features a longer title, I mixed my title up, combining the letter stickers with the QuicKutz Chickadee alphabet cut from coordinating patterned paper. There were plenty of embellishments left for me to work with, so I selected some border stickers, tabs & brads to finish it off!

... as always, I design a card to go with the layout using up some of our scraps! This one is a 5.5" square card with a fun frame sticker as the main attraction on it! I stamped a sentiment (Hero Arts) on a die cut circle cut from the white patterned paper & mounted it with foam squares for some dimension. We used a 'hi' stamp (also by HA) on the tab to add a fun detail.

... and that's our September POTM! Hope you like it!

Comments