She's SEW Special...

... my mom, that is! It's her birthday today and I think she enjoyed a relaxing day off at home and on the town :)

Here's the card I made for her, using paper from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl collection together with chipboard by Maya Road.


The chipboard shapes were coloured with my Copics & a silver marker from American crafts before I covered it with Rock Candy Crackle Paint by Ranger. The flowers were cut from the patterned paper, then shaped by hand and dipped in Glitter Ritz. I used Clearsnap's Glue Gloss for this and it worked great with the glitter- I'll definitely be using it again! My border strip of paper was also covered in Glitter Ritz, this time I used the Sookwang tape (ie. Scor-Tape) before I burnished it. My sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Comments

Eulanda said…
This card is so cool. I like how you dipped the flower edges in GlitteRitz. Great idea and that might be on my next card! Also, love the sparklie tape.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!
Hugs!