Kioshi- Basic Grey POTM

This month's Page of the Month class featured the Kioshi collection from Basic Grey. Here's the image sent to us by Basic Grey along with the finished layout with Mom's pictures on it.
Mom & I are determined to have a layout for BOTH of us from each kit, and this month it was a little bit trickier... I had to add four more sheets of patterned paper, different flower embellishments and I mixed up my title adding a QuicKutz font. I'm really happy with the way my variation came out (the addition of GREEN makes me smile) and was thrilled to find photos to use in my stash! I love this funkier floral pattern and those fabric 'bloomers' by Basic Grey.
Here's a close up of my big flower- a 'bloomer' layered over a paper flower cut out with a Tim Holtz Alterations die. The leaves are hand cut and the stem is 'crinkle pleated' (the original layout pleated one of the Ribbon Doilies, which is super cute but looked awful on this bold patterned paper).
Every month we're adding a bonus card to our POTM class, designed by me (Tara), using some of the scraps from our finished layout. This month I went really 'green' (and was commended by my students, as today is Earth Day!) and used the pretty floral pattern from the packaging of our Cozy Posies! We cut around the design and added one of the Ribbon Doilies (had to use the one that wasn't on our layout!) to a 1" strip of blue paper. We finished it off with a Tim Holtz sentiment stamped on white cardstock cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die.
Hope you enjoyed the peek at what we made! Next month we're using 'Green at Heart'... can't wait!

Comments