January 2010 SOTM

Introducing our January 2010 Stamp of the Month: Flourish Background from Hero Arts! This fabulous, versatile stamp is cling mounted and covers an entire standard sized card front.
All of my sample cards are fairly simple this month, but I have a feeling this stamp will be showing up on a ton of future projects! As I look through the Hero Arts 2010 catalog, I'm noticing this stamp on a bunch of the samples- Wow! I hope you'll love it as much as we do!

On this first card, I embossed the SOTM in white on Kraft cardstock and in clear (over yellow ink) on the yellow cardstock. The sentiment is a piece of 'flair' by American Crafts.

This wintery card features Rocco Raccoon by Stampendous. I thought the flourishes suited the trail left behind by Rocco's skates. The SOTM was stamped simply in Broken China Distress Ink on both papers.
This card is actually part of a set I created as a Christmas gift for my Grandma! The SOTM was inked with three shades of Distress Ink & spritzed with "Ink Potion No. 9" to blend the colors, after stamping I heated it with my heat tool. I love the soft mixing of colors! The patterned paper strip is by Harmonie and I added a small strip of Glitter Ritz for some extra bling :) The sentiment is from a lovely set by Stampendous.
I embossed the SOTM in Brown Sugar ZING embossing powder by American Crafts and kept this card pretty simple beyond that! The chipboard snowflake was inked up with distress ink and covered with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in 'Rock Candy' and the sentiment is by Hero Arts.

And now for some BONUS samples... we've been having such fun playing with this stamp! This first project is a copy of one on the front of a Hero Arts CLING catalog... I fell in love with the card and had to duplicate it :) I added a sentiment from a past SOTM (August 2009). The background is very subtle- stamped with White Memories on Kraft (are you noticing a theme here? I'm kind of in love with Kraft right now!).
I had the SOTM in my hands before Christmas... here's a couple sets of quick Christmas Cards I created using it! This first one features the QK Snowman (which is still on back order... good thing winter lasts so long here!).
This second set features some paper poinsettias by Prima & a fun striped paper by Collage Press. I rubbed distress stickles over the large poinsettias for some extra shimmer and LOVE how it turned out, such a pretty touch! Assorted bling from Prima's e-line and a Hero Arts sentiment finishes them off.
One of our designers, Cheri, was in a pink mood when she played with her stamp :) Here's what she brought in to show us:
Cheri used a fun saran wrap technique on the card backgrounds... maybe she'll share some how-to info on her blog if you ask really nice?

Hope you enjoyed the samples! We can't wait to see what you come up with using this fabulous stamp!

Comments

Sarah said…
love all the cards! That SOTM rocks!! I decided that I love that little QK snowman too, can you put one away for me when they finally come in? thanks!!