Christmas Cards!

Tis the Season to make Christmas cards! I've officially started listening to Christmas music (though not exclusively, yet) and working on creating cards that are NOT just for teaching classes at the store. So far I've managed to make ONE card that's just because at a crop night- here's the results from our last two crops! FYI, I did create other cards, but they were for classes or other 'assigned' creations!

This first one features 'Hanna trimming the tree' and was so much fun to colour! I got this set last year, but hardly had a chance to play with it (I'm sure you have NO idea what that's like! LOL)... we've got another order en route from Hanna Stamps right now, so I thought it was a good time to bring her out! I didn't use a single 'Christmas' paper on this project, but I had fun with this funky argyle print by Basic Grey. You probably can't see the glitz I added to Hanna's sweater, but I covered it with a pale pink Spica Glitter Pen and it has this gorgeous subtle sparkle- I love how girly this card is :)
This next card features a fairy stamp I picked up this spring and didn't get around to inking up until a couple days ago! I love that she can be used for any season! Right now, her wings reminded me of holly... so I went with that theme and used these fab papers by Cosmo Cricket (sold out right now, but more are coming soon- watch for some great deals on Cosmo Cricket products at our Christmas Magic Weekend Sale!). The fairy is from The Stamp Barn and a shipment from them is also en route and arriving very soon :) Shes' got some Spica Glitter Pen highlights and I also used some Distress Stickles on her wings- they're alot of fun as they have a pearly sheen as opposed to outright glitter like regular stickles. I thought they were a nice complement to the pearls I used for my holly berries on the sentiment, which is a fave of mine by Old Island Stamp Company (yep, the stamps on this card are all Canadian)!
Well- that's it for now! Both cards are coloured with Copic Markers, of course (another order that is en route- heehee) and inked up with distress ink around the edges... cuz it just ain't done till I've inked those edges! Hope you liked 'em... with any luck, there will be more to join them soon! Watch for news on the arrival of all the fabulous products I mentioned... it'll be like Christmas coming early ;)

Comments

Tanya S said…
Absolutley love the girls!! Your coloring is so good!! It's so hard to work and yet have time to play.We have to JUST play at the next crop :)
Eulanda said…
Ooooooh you make me want to bring out my NEVER USED Hanna xmas stamps!! That's a MUST on my list!! Great cards!
Roxy said…
Love these cards, and the colours are great!