April Stamp of the Month

Introducing our April Stamp of the Month- "Wasabi" and "Wasabi's flowers", by Stamping Bella! We just fell in love with this fabulous new line of "Ketto" stamps by a new artist to Stamping Bella, and since I've had it in mind to do an Asian themed SOTM for a while, Wasabi seemed like a good choice!

Tanya & I decided to stick to a simple, classic colour scheme this month and use just two patterned papers on our samples to really highlight these fantastic images. (My title for April is done with the "Marigold" alphabet by QuicKutz.)
Tanya paper-pieced Wasabi's kimono (paper by Prima) and stamped & layered her on QuicKutz nesting shapes. The embossed bazzill cardstock adds an elegant touch, and the small version of the flower makes an adorable background. Don't you love the saying, by Amuse, as a go-with for these stamps? It's from their 'sushi' clear set.
This is my quickie card- she is simply stamped in black with a touch of glitter glue on her hair comb & kimono. The flowers are simply stamped off the edge of the tag in red and the sentiment (also from that Amuse set) is perfect on the speech bubble- which is our QuicKutz club freebie for April! I love the red silk ribbon for a bow on the tag... so soft and elegant!
Tanya paper pieced again on this card, this time with paper by Making Memories. I love it! Black bling makes a perfect center for the stamped flowers (also paper pieced) and the row of hellos by Hero Arts is a perfect fit!
I challenged myself to use this assortment of stamps & papers to make an Easter card... what do you think? The new nesting eggs cookie cutter dies by QuicKutz were a perfect fit, and I enjoyed actually coloring these images with my Copic markers- I wish you could see the shimmer I added to her hair and kimono by highlighting it with the copic Spica glitter pens... you'll just have to check it out in person for a closer look!

Hope you enjoyed the cards and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new line of Ketto stamps! We have a small assortment in stock right now, but are taking requests for the next order... which will be soon, I'm sure!

Comments