Links to share...

Just wanted to share a few links with y'all- here's a few things I've found online that just might make life a bit easier!


Upload a photo on this website and it creates a colour palette for you based on the photograph- I believe it was created for web design, but it definitely has a use in scrapbooking projects! If only it would also spit out the Bazzill colours you need ;)


Looking for a quick way to increase your card stash? Check out the Sheetload of Cards blog each month for a new sketch & template to help you create a 'sheetload' of cards. A typical month tells you the supplies needed to create 8 cards. I tend to read the details carefully and then mix it up a bit (I get bored easily)! This month I took their instructions and used 4-12x12 sheets of cardstock instead of 8-8.5x11 sheets for my card base (it just made more sense when making 5.5" square cards!). I also created my cards with a friend- so we each still made 8 cards, but had only 4 from each color scheme. Here's my sheetload this month:



All the stamps I used (except the "dare to be different" stamp) are by Hero Arts. The papers are by Prima & Fancy Pants.


Did you know that you can order photos online for pick up at the Wholesale store photo lab here in town? A big PRO- right now they have free upgrades to 5x7 prints! You just pay the 4x6 price, 19 cents. The CON: online photo editing is very limited- you can only crop your photo in the same direction it already is. No colour editing (ie. Convert to B&W) or red-eye features are offered. Still, it's one of the best places to get photos printed in town and the price rocks- plus, when I ordered online it was ready for pickup the next day! The only catch is that if you want a 'matte' finish, you need to order glossy and request matte by adding "matte" to your name in your account info. For some reason if you request matte otherwise they print them out east and ship them here.



Comments