Painted birds

 

Happy Tuesday, friends!


I used some of the leftover painted birds from my art journal page for the inspiration hop (which there is still plenty of time to participate in!  See all the details & start here) as my starting point for this card, since I was going with paint as my inspiration word!  I found this pretty daisy paper in a 6x8" paper pad by Vicki Boutin and selected the rest of my color palette from there.

I decided to add texture with a layer of corrugated Cardstock on my card base, but since the color wasn't quite right I added more paint- covering up most of it with Speckled Egg Distress Paint.  I left a rough edge with dryer brushtrokes to add dimension and then splattered Cheddar & White gloss sprays across it.


The floral tiles are cut from Tim Holtz's stacked hexagons, which I placed staggered across the panel.  As finishing touches, I added some more yellow with twine to hang a word charm and a die cut word by Honeybee.

The birds were cut from a card stock panel I painted with a mix of lemon & cheddar Dina Wakley paints.

Hope you like it!

Inky (painty) hugs,

Tara


Comments