Painted Cork Pumpkin

 Happy Thanksgiving!  I started working on a little project last week with hopes to use it as a decoration on our dinner table for the holiday... then I got busy cooking and forgot to display it!  Oops. It's still a cute and easy decoration I thought I'd share with you today :)

I used a variety of Distress Paints, a bunch of corks some ribbon and a glue gun.  The hardest part of this little project was waiting for the paint to dry (I left it overnight).  


Since I got the new Distress Paints with the flip tops I've been thinking I'd like to replace the dauber tops on all my current paints, but then I started a project like this and found out the daubers are pretty perfect for it!  I used a brush for the Crackling Campfire and the built in daubers for the rest of the colors!  Here's a look at my freshly painted corks, before I did any color blending.


And here's my corks, which I glued together one row at a time.  I tried to arrange them randomly before gluing to avoid large clusters of the same colors side by side.



I finished everything up with some ribbon and twine and I'm calling it done... for now.  I've actually got plans to make it a reversible item, so I'll share the B side with you later on!

Inky (painty) hugs,

Tara

Comments