LIVE resist cards

Happy Tuesday!

I had so much fun over on the SNS Facebook page on Saturday sharing a live demo/class of a fun resist technique with Distress inks over texture paste.  It's the same technique I shared with you last Tuesday on this post, but of course I had some input from some viewers!  Today I'm sharing some cards that I finished up after the Live- starting with the ones I added a Mother's Day twist to.



These two cards both feature Tim Holtz's mini butterflies over a blossom stencil resist.  I used some alphabet dies to spell out "mama" in black, selecting them according to the size of a space I needed.  I also finished them both off with cactus sequins which have a fun mix of clear, pink & greens.  The inks I've used on these cards are Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide & Kitsch Flamingo Distress Spray Stain.  Of course in this photo & in the live, you can see my fun little triangle tray & embellishment wand :). Here's a closer look at the details on these pretty cards.



These second two cards feature Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide Spray and a blend of Wild Honey & Squeezed Lemonade.  They also feature simple black die cuts of Wildflower Stems.   My favorite of these is the yellow ombre- it definitely gives that sunny vibe that was requested!


If you watched the live, one more tool you saw me use was the ink blending tool!   Here's a link to a texture paste like I used for the resist as well- any dimensional glossy paste will work :)  I hope you enjoyed the technique, please don't hesitate to share (maybe in the challenge group?) if you try it out!

Inky hugs,

Tara




 

Comments