Vellum Sunflowers

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing a simple card I made using a piece of the stunning vellum from the Crafter's Companion Sunflower collection!  I've paired it with a negative cut from one of Tim Holtz's Bold Text dies.

The details on these sheets of vellum are so gorgeous, I really tried to keep the card simple to let them stand out.  I love the effect of the negative cuts with it, though as really shows off the delicate, sheer nature of the vellum.  As I mentioned, I kept this one super simple- just finished it off with a few sequins & beads and a piece of ribbon which I'd previously colored with Distress Inks.

For this card, after I measured and scored for the front piece I trimmed down the vellum so there was about 1" overlapping on the back of the card, and I adhered it at the back of the score line.  Vellum can be tricky to adhere, but adding the ribbon to the front of the card meant I could avoid adhesive completely on the front of this card. 

Hope this brightens your day and you are able to focus on the good!  I've got a couple other cards in the works I'll be sharing here on my personal blog and instagram through the week.

 

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments