April Easter Tag {12 Tags of 2014}

I'm thrilled to be playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014 again this month- I kinda froze up when he used those new frameworks dies (that are up there on my wish list!) because I loved his tag so much and just don't have the materials. BUT, I decided that part of being creative is improvising... so I started with my background and went from there!  So, here's a peek at my finished tag:
 And here's a close up- I remembered I had this border punch that I thought I could make work for a similar look to Tim's framework element- it's not as fabulous as his, but I'm happy with it!  I decided to go with an Easter twist on this tag, especially since I had Tim's seasonal kraft resist pack to play with!  I added a fluffy pom pom tail and skipped the pinecone roses and pulled out some pretty flowers from my stash.  I did have crinkle ribbon, and added some bits of bling!
Here's a look at the top of the tag- the cute chevron ribbon I inked up a bit and a sweet bird paper clip from my trip to a nearby LSS!
Be sure to visit Tim Holtz's blog to see the tutorial and his gorgeous spring tag that inspired this one!

I did make a mini version of this tag as well, (I just can't help myself!) it will be incorporated onto a card front... which I will hopefully share with you this Easter weekend!




Comments