Clippings Cards

Sometimes it's fun to create something that is a completely different style than you normally use... for me, working with leftovers from our POTM projects is an opportunity to do that every month. After 2.5 years, you'd think it would start to feel more 'normal' but as long as Basic Grey keeps mixing it up, I'll take up the challenge each month ;)

One of the papers in our kit featured large alphabet blocks- which I love!  Figuring out how to take such large items and make them work on a card was a bit of a challenge, but I really like how this card turned out:
I used a few of the tear strips on the edge of the papers to make this fun border and added stickers & brads (not in our kit, but too much fun to resist buying them!) and paper flowers from my stash. 

These next two cards were inspired by projects that were featured in Basic Grey's intro/advertising for the Clippings collection.  We mixed it up a bit, but can't claim complete originality :)

There's still a ton of great elements left over from this kit- I'm looking for an opportunity to pull it out along with some of my Tim Holtz Sizzix dies and get creative some more :)

Did you know that we have a Page of the Month board on our Pinterest Page?  We watch for projects that catch our attention using materials from Basic Grey's collections and add them there- check it out

Comments