Dogwood Triptych

 Happy Tuesday!

The dogwood trees are in glorious full bloom where I live, so I couldn't resist making a card with the lovely Dogwood Triptych Die by Memory Box.  I die cut it in white and layered the pieces over a panel from the Vintage Letters 6x6 padby Impression Obsession.  I wanted to keep my card soft and neutral, so colored it as realistic as I was able with Distress Watercolor Pencil Crayons, then pieced some green behind the open centers.  It was a bit brighter than I wanted, so I added some 3D dots with Glossy Accents and brushed a bit of copper (Mined Alloy) over them once they were dry.




I've used Lamb's Ear cardstock as my card base- it's a soft grayish green that was a lovely base for some white embossing of an older Tim Holtz sentiment, reminding us that Hope is Never Lost (kinda speaks like spring, to me!).  I added a pierced stitch border along each side of the paper panel for a bit of extra interest. (These are stitched borders by Paper Rose.)


I was going for a soft a simple card today, so I hope that comes through!

Inky hugs,

Tara


Comments