Spring Hares

 Happy Tuesday!

I'm celebrating the beginning of spring and Easter is just around the corner... so I wanted to share a card with the adorable 'Wild Hares' set by Lavinia Stamps.  It includes three different small hare silhouettes.  I had in mind to create a scene, but realized I may have to add more Lavinia stamps to my collection first!

I had the idea to do something on a soft, pastel background- which I created with a few colors of Distress Oxide Spray Stains!  I've used Cracked Pistachio, Speckled Egg & Saltwater Taffy together, with a bit of Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide stenciled over them.  I sized up the stamps against the Pointed Arch nesting dies by Hero Arts, finding the perfect size to create a banner across a slimline card.




I cut to 'pendants' from each different color blend on my background, then stamped a hare on one of each color in Nocturne Versafine Clair Ink for a bold black silhouette.  I embossed on a white background (in two steps since the panel was longer than my embossing folder) and then finished the card off with a variety of embellishments from the Spring Florals Mix Ups set.  It's super pretty and includes these sweet little blossoms in addition to some pretty gems & sequin bits.



I find slimline cards to be a bit of a struggle to photograph, so I decided to grab some spring decorations for my little photo shoot for this card.  I hope it captures all the whimsy!

Inky hugs,

Tara


Comments