This Calls for Coffee!

Happy Tuesday!  It seems like all of North America is facing a cold spell right now... this calls for COFFEE!  Today I'm sharing a fun monochromatic card I made for a coffee loving friend's birthday.  

I had fun digging through my supplies (and the scraps on my desk!) for blue pieces I could use for this card.  My coffee cup is from the fabulous Papercut Cafe die set by Tim Holtz.  I cut it from a scrap of Knit Picky Winter Patterned Paper by Lawn Fawn (also used on the middle layer on this card!) along with some other blue scraps, including a fun glittery piece.  I paired it with a white embossed sentiment by  Catherine Pooler.


The background of the front panel features the honeycomb from one of Tim Holtz's mini stencil sets and some sparkle texture paste.  The bottom layer is from Vicki Boutin's 6x8 Ready to Use Mixed Media paper.  The stitched layers were cut with the Prism Nesting Stitched Rectangles, which rarely leave my desk these days!  I finished it all off with some blue crinkle ribbon, inked up with a whole lot of Prize Ribbon Distress Ink (seriously, I think my ink pad got double inked so I tried to use some of it up on ribbon!).  

I love all the fun textures in this card that I got from using a variety of materials and patterns, all working together because of the simple color palette.  Hope you like it too!

Inky hugs,
Tara

 

Comments