A Teacup of Posies


I'm taking part in a super springy Inspiration Hop this weekend with the creative gals over at Scrap 'N Stamp and my stop (over on Instagram) features this sweet teacup full of posies... all the hop details can be found there, but I thought I'd share some card info here in case you were wondering!


I pulled this ombre background from my scrap pile... it's got an amazing texture that comes from Dina Wakely Gloss Sprays, which I spritzed over it and used as a resist with Distress Ink!  I don't recall the exact colors, but I worked tone on tone to create an ombre from teal to lime to yellow... I used the yellow for my sentiment and the yellow posie :) The resist is primarily on the lime green portion, which is why you can see that great texture! 


The rest of the card is pretty simple though- I cut the tea cup from assorted teal & blue scraps and tried to do the same with my posies, though I ended up adding some extra color for contrast with Distress Inks & Watercolor Pencils!


I finished it off with touches of bling, glitter, twine & lace from my stash.  Hope you like it!  

Inky hugs,

Tara



 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Marisela Delgado said: What a beautiful card! Fabulous colors, too. Warm greetings from San Antonio, Texas. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com