There is Beauty in Simplicity

 

There is Beauty in Simplicity


Today I'm sharing a simple card I made for SNS Canada's Colours of Fall Inspiration Hop!  My stop on the hop is over on Instagram, but I wanted to share a few details about the card here as well!

The focal point of my card is a gorgeous Leaf Fragment by Tim Holtz, which I inked up with assorted Distress Inks (smooshing technique) and then spritzed with Mica Spray.   I layered it over a piece of book print which I embossed using an autumn leaves embossing folder (I'm gonna call it vintage Tim Holtz since I'm sure it's long ago discontinued).  It gives some subtle texture that you don't really notice at first!  


Adhering everything to a Kraft panel then a green card and the addition of a simple sentiment sticker (with gold text for more shine) finish it all off.  I had a lot of fun with these inky leaves, so there will be more cards to come that are similar to this one... hope you like them!


Don't forget to check out the hop & leave comments for chances to win!

Inky hugs,

Tara



Comments