Spring Embossing Magic


I pulled out some old school embossing techniques for this Spring Embossing Magic Inspiration Hop happening over at SNS this weekend! My card is up on Instagram, but I thought I'd share a few details here for you about how I made it!


For the card background, I applied texture paste through a Heffy Doodle stencil onto Kraft card stock and then poured embossing powder onto the dots- I let the powders bleed together on a few of them to give a speckled egg type look.  There's no easy/tidy way to do this, so I dumped all the excess powder together onto a scrap paper.  It mixed together pretty nicely, so I decided to use that blend...


I decided to create an old school embossed tile with rough edges, using an embossing ink dabber as my starting point.  If you haven't seen this before, it's often done with a course/thick grind of embossing powder (works a lot more quickly) sometimes called UTEE.  For this, I just built up layer upon layer, applying ink between them & melting each time!  I probably have 10 layers here (I lost count).  When it has a bit of thickness to it you can stamp into it with an inked stamp.  Years ago, I would use a pigment or metallic ink.  This time I decided to try Distress Oxide and it worked just fine!


Here's another angle that shows some of the texture!  The bunny stamp is by Lawn Fawn.

Inky hugs,
Tara












 

Comments