Lucky Enough to Be Different

 Today's card is just a little cutie 3.5x5" card that would make a sweet gift or lunch box enclosure to brighten someones day!  The sentiment is a perfect one for so many of us... kids and artists alike, who struggle with owning up to our differences :) It's from an old set of 'chit chat' stickers by Tim Holtz, but I think I need it in a stamp...

This card was (very loosely. LOL) inspired by the current sketch at AAA Cards Challenge

As I was setting up to take photos of the card, trying to work my little potted shamrock (oxalis) plant into the picture, I looked over and saw a planter on my patio that was sprouting up some wild clover amidst a few herbs that were beginning to make their comeback!  I found the light and nestled my card beside them and of course, it turned out to be my favorite pic!


I'm once again using the Lucky Love 3D Embossing/Cutting Folder by Tim Holtz, Sizzix.    I really love this 4 leaf clover and the possibilities of it, it can such a fun addition to so many projects but for this little one I wanted it to be the focal point.  I cut/embossed it from white card and inked it up with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide, then I dipped it in the same color of Embossing Glaze.  THEN I used embossing ink and dipped it again in the glaze for extra shine & dimension!


For the 'marbled' paint in the background, I've used Rustic Wilderness & Salvaged Patina Distress Paint together on a die cut Kraft panel.  I put a few drops of the Salvaged Patina and just one drop of Rustic Wilderness (it's a deeper color so will overpower the blue if you use too much) and a tiny mist of water, then used my Air Blower tool (it's not just for alcohol ink! LOL) to blend the colors and spread them across the panel.  I finished everything off with a few bits of bling and the sentiment sticker I mentioned earlier.


Whether you are feeling lucky or not, I hope you have a happy day!

Inky hugs,

Tara



Comments

sentsue said…
Such a fun card with great details. Thanks for sharing your card with us on the AAA Cards Challenge blog.
Nunzia Carusio said…
Such a lovely card.