Lucky Me

 Good morning & Happy Thursday!  Today's challenge word is 'Lucky' and my card is inspired by St. Patrick's Day... and green beer!  I've used the mini version of the Tim Holtz Beer Blueprint stamp, and colored it up watercolor style with a mix of green & yellow Distress Stains.  I even mixed up a few different mediums to come up with something that resembled green foam to top them off...



Once I had my beer mugs colored, I had to figure out where to go with this... and I decided to make it into a fun card for my hubby.  I die cut some letters from a piece of watercolor paper I had inked up with assorted shades of green and also decided to pair it with a new-to-me 'Best Friends' background stamp by MFT.  I inked up a corner of the stamp with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Ink and lightly misted the stamp with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide Spray, then stamped on a black card stock panel and misted directly on the the paper with the same spray, which gave me some pretty great splatters!

I die cut a Penny Black Hexagon Frame, which I colored gold with a Sharpie (note to self- time to buy some gold paper!).  I actually bought these frames more for the hexagon shape I'd get inside the frame, but it adds a nice little detail I really like and gave a nice anchor to my pair of mugs.  I pulled a small talk sticker out to complete the sentiment on my card.  Since the sticker was white and my card base is cream, I inked it up with a bit of yellow and green (for this I usually just pull out a foam applicator that still has a bit of ink left to keep the color really light!)



I wanted to add a little something extra to finish the card off... so I pulled out an old favorite that I was delighted to find is still available, Crackle Accents!  It's like Glossy Accents, giving a clear glossy finish... but as it dries it has a fun crackle texture.  It's a pretty fun detail to add on things like these die cut 'Cutout' letters!  This font is a really fun one that adds a bit of a whimsical touch to my card.

I hope it makes you smile and that you feel LUCKY however you spend your time this week... perhaps you'll celebrate with a close friend or loved one and drink some green beer!  Cheers!

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments