Happy Brushstroke Flowers



Hi!  I'm back to share the other card I made with the beautiful  brushstroke flowers dies from the new Tim Holtz release!  

I spent a good amount of time inking up some watercolor paper with Distress Ink, selecting colors of card stock to work with them and then cutting out my flowers.  I cut each bloom in 4 different papers, then played around with mixing and matching them and adhering the layers together.  Then I took the finished flowers and paired them together (one small & one large) so I had the pieces I needed for four different projects.  I mixed and matched a bunch of colors, and blended both regular Distress Ink & Distress Oxide Ink together!

For this card, I mounted my flowers on a panel I embossed with the 3D Lumbar Embossing Folder.  I wanted to use this large happiness sentiment by Picket Fence Studios, so I trimmed that panel small enough to fit the sentiment below it.



I finished my card with a bit of green ribbon and a happy little charm from my stash.  I just love a colorful mix of flowers and it was really fun to add some book print into the mix!

Inky hugs,

Tara

 

Comments