Brushstroke Flowers

Happy Tuesday!  I had such fun creating with these beautiful new brushstroke flowers dies from the new Tim Holtz release!  I shared one card over on the SNS Blog (I'll be back to share it here as well) and I wanted to share a second one here- using the same batch of dies.

For this card, I was drawn to the contrast of the soft flowers & and the bold black die cut letters (which I had on my desk leftover from a previous project).  I used a lot of 'scraps' for this one- including the metallic background paper and the green layer behind it!

Due to the size & shape of the panel I created, I needed a little something to balance it out.  I added a bit of cotton lace underneath, which I inked up with a bit of brown Distress Ink to soften the stark white color.  I tried to keep things as simple as possible to focus on these gorgeous flowers and their brushstroke lines.



I hope my card brings a bit of JOY to your day!  If you have these same dies, I would love to see what you make with them so feel free to drop a link in the comments here!  

Inky hugs,
Tara
 

Comments