Peace on Earth

 Happy Tuesday & Happy December 1!

It feels good to finally be in the advent season, counting down until Christmas (and then to the new year shortly after that).  This year, more than ever, I've been drawn to the messages of Christmas- things like peace & joy.  I think we all can use as much as we can get and I love this Peace on Earth stamp set by Concord & 9th.  For today's card, I've paired it with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide Ink (I think it'll be my color of the season!) and some gorgeous WOW embossing powder called Perissa.

This chunky embossing powder is perfect on a bold sentiment like this one, it's got a fine copper base with chunkier pieces of gold & silver mixed in.  I embossed it on a pale grey card stock, which I die cut with a stitched circle die by Lawn Fawn.

There are several greenery type stamps in this set, so I chose to layer them to create a wreath design for my card.  I used both regular Distress Ink & Distress Oxide, following around the edge of a smaller circle die cut which I set on the card to guide me.  Then I  then added a final layer of smaller images with Embossing Glaze on them to finish it.  (I also added a few small leaves in another green to fill in a few spots that needed something extra.)The textures from the two different embossing powders really add interest & richness to this very simple looking card.

I finished off the card with what I first considered to be an 'inside sentiment' on this set, it just seemed like it fit perfectly at the bottom of my card front.  A thin green bow (inked with Rustic Wilderness Distress Spray Stain) adds a final touch of softness to the card.

Wishing you peace in your home & in your heart this holiday season... and inky hugs too!

Tara

Comments

Gorgeous. You are rocking that green.