Christmas Joy

 Happy Tuesday!  Today's card is hoping to send some Christmas JOY your way with this bold & simple card design featuring a great die cut sentiment by MFT over a background created with assorted Rustic Wilderness Distress products.

The background was a bit of a 'practice' piece which I stamped, inked & stenciled on while working on some of my recent projects, so it has a variety of designs worked into it that ended up making a pretty fun background for a card like this!

I had hoped to make this card using one of the fun Iconic Christmas shapes that was featured in the December SNS blog hop, but I'm still waiting on mine to arrive in the mail... so I pulled out this cute Santa hat from the Festive Things die set by Tim Holtz.  I die cut it from red card stock as well as a scrap of white (the same pearly card stock I used for the sentiment).  Once I glued it all together and did some inking, I added a bit of Nuvo Glitter Drops to the hat.  I found some chunky green glitter I bought last Christmas and added it around the hat in the 'O' for a bit of extra fun.

All in all, this card pieced together pretty quickly and you can bet I'll be making some more with a variety of colors and shapes in the opening!  I also have plans for another card using the letters that I cut out from this one... tis the season!

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments

Gorgeous green! LOVE the design of this too.