Thanks, Deer!

Happy Tuesday!  Today I'm back on the SNS blog sharing another card featuring one of the Darling Deer die cuts that I didn't use on last week's card.  I also stuck with a green color palette because I got the Rustic Wilderness Distress Inks ya'll!!!  As I anticipated, they're awesome!  Since today's challenge theme is "thanks" I wanted to make a card that could be easily changed to a Christmas card with a simple change of sentiment.

I really just wanted to see what this Rustic Wilderness looked like, so I grabbed a blending tool and applied a thick layer of Distress Ink to some white yardstick.  Next I spritzed it with some water. I was a bit heavy handed and had more small splatter spots than I wanted, so I decided to layer over it with a stencil. I chose to use Candy Stripes by MFT and inked it tone-on-tone with the Distress Oxide Ink in the same color.  It gave me a panel that's subtle, yet fun & festive-plus it shows off the variations in this gorgeous new green ink.

As I worked on my layers and the card layout, I added an embossed metallic pewter colored card stock.  I chose a pale grey as my card base, but added some stenciled snowflakes with Distress Oxide Ink to tie it all together.  I played around with adding some other details to the card, but decided I prefer the clean lines for this one!  Hope you like it too- thanks for stopping by!

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments