Negative Space Poinsettia

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm back with a card I shared last month over at SNS that missed making an appearance here :). I’m using “Poinsettia Pieces” by Tim Holtz, which I got after Christmas last year, paired with a sentiment by Gina K Designs.  I thought the foliage of the poinsettia could have a non-seasonal vibe if I avoided traditional colors.  By sticking to shades of green, this card has an almost tropical feel to it, though with a different sentiment it would be lovely for Christmas too.

                    

Since these dies are designed to showcase the negative space, I wanted to play with color and some for the background behind them.  I sprayed a variety of Distress Stains & Distress Oxide Sprays in shades of green and blue on watercolor card stock, then splattered with some water and spritzed with Perfect Pearls. It’s a subtle variety of colors with a pretty shimmer to it!

I cut the panel just slightly larger than the white piece I’d cut the poinsettia pieces from, then glued them together and onto a black card.  It’s easy to keep the design simple when you are working with such pretty, intricate dies.

This will be a fun and easy card to make with a variety of inky backgrounds and simple sentiments, I hope you like it!  

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments