hello, fall

 Happy Tuesday!  I'm back with another fall card today, this one is super simple & sweet.  I tried a variety of arrangements and adding different elements, but I kept coming back to just letting the few elements I currently have shine.  I hope you agree and like my simple autumn leaves card.

I started with another die cut skeleton leaf by Tim Holtz, which is cut from watercolor paper and inked with Crackling Campfire Distress Ink.  I really wanted some contrast to make the leaf pop, so I selected a rich teal card stock for my base.  On a whim, I decided to try the 3D Crackle Embossing folder and I ended up loving them together.  Once I settled on the base, I selected a sentiment (another one from Autumn Blessings by MFT) and contemplated a variety of inks & embossing powders... finally going back to simple black, which I chose to tie together with a piece of torn book print as a layer under the leaf.

I really think with the details in the die cut leaf and the crackle texture in the teal background, a simple design is perfect.  Simple & Sweet.  Hello, fall.

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments

Unknown said…
I love it!
LOVE the bold colors. It's simple yet so elegant too.