Fall Fairy Wings

Hello!  I'm here today doing a bit of catching up on the blog, since I've fallen way behind sharing my recent cards!  Here's the first of my fall 2020 creations, inspired by the card I created for a blog hop over at SNS, which I'll share here soon!

I had a lot of fun with the three dancing fairies in my blog hop project, but I also pictured them dancing on some falling leaves so I decided to pair them with these realistic leaves from the Tim Holtz Natures Wonders stamp set.  I stamped them on ivory card stock in a variety of Distress Oxide colors, positioning the fairies around them.  I’d never tried combining them before, but I added some shading to the leaves with Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks.  With the addition of a water brush it ended up to be a really fun combo that I will use again!

Once I finished coloring the leaves I die cut the panel with a deckle edge die and inked the edges with Speckled Egg Distress Ink. I then splattered some Distress Spray Stain the same color over the panel, followed by a bit of metallic spray for extra shimmer.

I finished off the image with a bit of Nuvo shimmer pen on the fairy wings and a bit on the leaves. I stamped a sentiment (from a fab new set by MFT) on a scrap of inked paper leftover from my poinsettia card- I love how it contrasts with the leaves and pulls out the blues in the background.  Lastly I layered it all onto an ivory card base.

The finished card is a fun design that is simple enough and lays flat for easy mailing!  There are hints of shimmer all over.

I’m looking forward to some more autumn creations and can’t wait to see yours!  Be sure to join us in the SNS Challenge group on Facebook and share your creations! 

Inky hugs,

Tara

Comments