Did I roll my eyes out loud?

There's a SNARKY NEW YEAR blog hop going on over at Scrap 'N Stamp, and I just wanted to share my card with y'all! The design team did an amazing job on this hop (as always!) and the snark is AWESOME. You should definitely check it out! GO HERE if you wanna see some more snark :)

My card was inspired by those vintage pre-meme graphics. I knew I wanted to use the Snarky Big Talk stickers by Tim Holtz, but wasn't sure what images to pair them with until I remembered my Paper Dolls! It's the perfect vintage feel I was going for. I've used a Kraft card base with a panel that I inked up with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Spray . I love how one spray can give such a unique mix of colors!


The panel I chose for this card didn't have a lot of inky texture, so I covered it up with Nuvo Glimmer Paste through the fabulous Simon Hurley Backsplash stencil. I love the texture and mix of colors it gives! Since this doll is so tall, I added a bit of torn book print and some bling to the bottom of the panel. I added a bit of ink over the snarky sticker to soften the starkness of the white words.

I selected the Paper Doll first, then went through the book of stickers to find one that seemed to suit her... how did I do? I swear, if you look close enough you can see her roll her eyes! LOL (The Snarky BIG TALK stickers aren't available from SNS right now, but the Small Talk Snarky is fab too, just smaller!)

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments